the smart stepfamily
Begins January 8, 2020
Wednesday nights at 6:15pm in Room 2320.
Facilitated by Adam & Allison Haynes
In this 8 session DVD-driven study The Smart Stepfamily, leading expert Ron L. Deal reveals the seven fundamental steps to blended family success and provides practical, realistic solutions to the issues you face as a stepfamily.
Whether married or soon-to-be married, you'll discover how to communicate effectively and solve the everyday puzzles of stepchildren relationships. This revised and expanded edition is 50% new and has updated research and two new chapters with more real-world advice on stepsibling relationships and later-life stepfamilies.
- Recognize the unique personality and place of each family member
- Solve the everyday puzzles of step parenting and stepchildren relationships
- Learn communication skills to deal with ex-spouses
- Honor families of origin while developing new traditions
- Invest the time to grow their stepfamily slowly rather than look for instant results