arkansas prison ministry
Vision: Provide an Evangelism Service with music, testimonies and preaching.10-15 people accept Christ each time at the units. Each service includes a testimony, music, speaking, and lasts about 45 minutes. All decisions made are followed up on by the prison chaplains.
Requirements: Applicant must fill out a complete mission application, stating your testimony, moral statement, and your current ministry the first time and renew portions of the application every 2 years. You must have an Arkansas Department of Corrections (ADC) form on file in the mission’s office submitted within the last 12 months. To participate on the mission team, notify the mission’s office of your desire to go a minimum of 5 weeks before departure.
Team Limit: 15 people.
An individual to lead music.
An individual to share the gospel.
An individual to share testimony.
Individuals to go to pray for the team and prisoners.
Serve: (McPherson Prison)
September 16, 2018
December 9, 2018
Acts 1:8 One Day Mission Trip – Poinsett County (Trumann)
Registration will be online starting June 7-September 18, 2018
All participants under age 18
must have the Minor Permission Form filled out and returned.
Children Ages 7 and under
Children Ages 12 and under
must be accompanied by their parent/guardian and work on the same team.
Youth ages 13 to 17
must have one adult sponsor per 4 youth & at least one adult must serve with each youth team.
Possible Mission Opportunities:
- Prayer walking – you will be trained and will go out in small teams.
- Children’s activities – games, Bible stories, activities.
- Senior Adult – visit, share Bibles, do crafts, other activities with seniors.
- Home Repairs/Painting – help paint a home or do small repairs.
- Medical/Dental Clinics – need Medical Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, Dentists, Dental Hygienists and Assistants.
- Sports Camps (for youth) – help teach basketball, softball or baseball skills & interact with youth.
- Evangelistic Teams
- Yard Work Teams – Raking, mowing, trimming
- Block Parties
- Children’s Fishing Derby
- Plus, other Ministries being added in the coming months.
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Everyone must meet at 8:30 a.m. for a brief orientation and schedule review time, and then we will immediately divide into teams for assignments. Lunch will be provided. Teams will stop working at 3:00 p.m. and clean up and pack their sites and report back to the Kick- off site at 4:00 p.m. for a Celebration Rally. Everyone will be on the road at 4:30 p.m.
Cost: $10 (This includes lunch. Special dietary needs not provided.) Make checks payable to ABSC or register with credit card. Children under 8 – No Charge.
For more information contact:
Tracy Archibald: email@example.com or 870-335-6496
Breck Freeman & Kathy Hensley: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.838.2272 x5150